Contact

History

The first Central Public School was erected in 1875.  The existing Central PS was opened on October 31, 1960.

 The following are some of our school's key milestones:

Year

Key Milestone/Activity

1910

Central PS consisted of 8 rooms on a different site.

1960

Final contract for construction of the existing Central PS was signed and students were in class in the new school on October 31st. The land was purchased from the Brydges family.

1981

Intensive Program called "Operation Aware" was piloted at Central PS later this was the VEP program, now called the DARE program which is OPP based.

1985

CPS celebrated their 25th anniversary. became the Renfrew area base for the Astrolabe or gifted program.

1992

Intermediate wing of school added.

2009

Grade 7 & 8 students left Central(& all Renfrew PS's) to make up the new RCIS.

 2014

 Central PS is a JK-6 school with approximately 130 students.